Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
hgopp99

Default Index/Match from multiple columns

I have the following scenario.
--

Client Worksheet
MAILED COMPANY TITLE FIRST LAST

Misc Worksheet
COMPANY DATE1 DATE2 TITLE FIRST LAST
Acton Flooring Inc. 12/01/05 N Ms. Marsha Acton
AcuTech 12/01/05 N Ms. Linda Dendy
Adams and Reese N N Mr. David Hunt
Adams and Reese 12/01/05 N Ms. Debora Hunt

I use the following formula to retrieve my date:
=INDEX(Misc!$A:$C,MATCH(C2,Misc!$A:$A,0),2)

The problem with this is it will retrieve the €śN€ť for the first occurrence
of Adams and Reese. If I mailed a letter to Ms. Debora Hunt, I want the
12/01/05 date to populate the MAILED column.

hgopp99