Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
42410

Default whats wrong with my sorting?

As a further rider to this problem, I have also had a problem trying to sort
a column of numbers when some of them start with a zero. I've tried
formatting the cells as text, general, number and custom. None of them seem
to give consistantly correct sorting. What's the best way? Can anyone
advise?

(Sorry to piggy-back on someone else's posting, but my problem is in the
same context).

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
Hi Trisha,
You might find some help and solutions with sorting problems in
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm

Excel more or less follows the ASCII collating sequence (number order of

SNIP