Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jmd

Default pivot table grouping

I am trying to group individual date records into quarters. However, I
receive an error message "cannot group that selection". I have reformatted
my data source to ensure the dates are formatted as dates. I have searched
for missing or blank cells in my source data but have found none. I can't it
out! Interestingly, when I go to select the "field settings", a number
option is not even displayed which makes me wonder if my data is recoginzed
as a date - even though I have reformatted my source data. Help!!