Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default (Visually Appealing) Scientific Notation on the Y-Axis

1. This technique works for any axis type, almost any chart type. You just
need to define your X and Y values appropriately.

2. This can be done programmatically with a little work.

3. Using a single textbox for all labels (including lots of spaces, right)
must be incredibly tedious to adjust when the axis scale changes.

4. I don't know what you mean about the dynamic chart issue.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"nima" wrote in message

Jon, I had came across your webpage earlier, but I haven't tried
implementing it yet. I was unsure if it would work for a bar graph? Any
thoughts? If it works, would there be any way to program a macro to
expedite the process? It seems that data labels are a quicker yet less
precise method. By the way, instead if individual data labels, I made
all labels into one text box; its easier to copy/paste and change
superscripts that way.
Thanks for all the help so far.
Nima:)

oh, btw-any thoughts on the dynamic charting issue?

--
nima