Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default Charting number of contacts a day

Assuming your two columns are Description and Date-Time, you can use a pivot
table to do this for you. select a cell in the range, and choose PivotTable
and PivotChart Report from the Data menu, and select some reasonable
options. Drag the Date-Time field into the Data area of the empty pivot
table, then drag the field again into the Rows area. Without doing anything
further, the pivot table looks like this:

Sample Raw Data:

what when

a 1/15/2006

b 1/15/2006

c 1/15/2006

d 1/14/2006

e 1/14/2006

f 1/13/2006

g 1/13/2006

h 1/13/2006

i 1/12/2006

Pivot Table:

Count of when

When Total

1/12/2006 1

1/13/2006 3

1/14/2006 2

1/15/2006 3

Grand Total 9

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Sean McCloskey" <Sean wrote in message
So here's what I am trying to do, I have a source table with the following
entries:

00006 - Main Support Closed m 1/12/06 11:44 AM
00006 - Main Support Closed m 1/12/06 11:27 AM
00006 - Main Support Closed m 1/10/06 10:41 AM

Two columns. What I want to do is create a chart where it shows for
example
Jan 12, there were 2 entries, and Jan 10, there were 1 entry. Ofcourse
this
has to be scalable to a larger set. I just want to see the trend of
entries
per day.

I don't want a bunch of =Countif's if possible. Ideas?