Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Counting how many different names in a long list

You can use =round() or =text() in your formula that concatenates:

="this is some text: " & text(a1,"#,##0")
or
="this is some text: " & round(a1,0)

Quaisne wrote:

That works fine.

When I put it in a cell of its' own it gives the correct answer of 56.
I then wanted to add 2 to it as I know there are 2 lots of duplicate
names that are different people. That worked fine as well with just +2
at the end of the formula.

But when I put it in a concatenate function for some reason it gave the
answer as 58.0000000000001 and it refuses to be formatted, even if I put
it into a seperate hidden cell and format that cell. It appears as 58 on
a cell on its own but as the other value in any text string including
just using &

Still I do not need it in a concatenate function, it just appeared
neater that way. I was just curious though but thanks anyway as that
does solve my problem.

--
Quaisne
Quaisne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28052