Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul B

Default Spell check and protection

Mici, you could assign this macro to a button on the sheet, it will
unprotect the sheet, spell check, and then protect the sheet back

Sub Spell_Check()
'spell check a protected sheet
Const Password = "123" '**Change password here**
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=Password
Cells.CheckSpelling CustomDictionary:="CUSTOM.DIC",
IgnoreUppercase:=False _
, AlwaysSuggest:=True
ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=Password

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Mici" wrote in message
I know that you're not able to use spell check in a protected

sheet/workbook.
However, I need to create a sheet that allows users (non excel proficient)

check spelling and at the same time not being able to change any locked
cells. Is there another way around this so that I can protect certain

fields
without turning off the spell check feature.

Thanks
--
Mici