Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SVC

Default How can I have multiple "If" statements in one formula?

Use a nested IF statement. Say the original date is in cell A1 and the
letter R, L, or C is in B1 and you want to add 1 for R, 2 for L and 3 for C,
in cell C1 (which should be formatted as a Date) enter the formula
=IF(B1="R",A1+1,IF(B1="L",A1+2,IF(B1="C",A1+3)))

Modify the formula to reflect the correct cells and the desired additional
days.

"MikeL" wrote:

I would like to write a formula that looks at one cell and sees if there is a
certain letter, R, L or C. and depending on what letter is there it would add
so many days to another date. I am sure I did it before but I do not
remember how I did it. Can anyone help?