Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sloth

Default How do I change a number in one cell to change a series of cells?

If you want a formula that outputs M50 increased by P1 percent, use this
formula

=M50*(1+$P$1)
or
=M50+M50*$P$1

If you want to actually change a cell value by increasing it 4%, then input
1.04 in an empty cell. Copy the cell, and right click the cell you want to
change. Select Paste Special, and then select Multiply and Okay.

"lance559" wrote:

How do I change a series of numbers in cells by only replacing one number in
a cell? Currently, I want to increase a series of cells 4% and I used the
formula =M50*(1-$P$1). However, I have to use 204% to get a 4% increase and
then it is a negative number. What formula should I be using so when I
change the single cell it either increases 4% or when using 0 it changes to
the original cell number.