Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheldon

Default Auto populate several cells based on a selection from drop dow

Thanks. This is very helpful. I think I'll go the IF stmt route. Have a great
weekend.

"Conor" wrote:

If all the various cells respond the same way every time to each
selection, that is, if "B5" always says "puppies are cute" whenever
"C2" is selected, then yes this can be done with nested IF stmts, or
Vlookup, etc. in each of the response cells. The dropdown box has a
cell link in its control that changes value based on the selection. For
instance, if "C2" is your first selection in the dropdown, the link cell
value will be "1". If you choose the second selection, let's say it is
"D3", then the link cell value will be "2", etc.

That link cell value can be used to determine the value you enter into
the various response cells - as I said by a Vlookup, IF stmts, etc.

I hope that helps.

--
Conor
Conor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30450