David McRitchie

Hi Andy,

You probably want to use sticky keys, but to turn on ADD mode
which you'll see in the status bar
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm

To make a macro I think you would need to use Sendkeys
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...thsendkeys.asp

+ for Shift {F8} for F8

I can't make a toggle for you because I don't know how to
detect if "ADD" is on. So with this you would have to hit
F8 twice to turn off, unless someone knows more about this.

Sub ADD_mode()
Application.SendKeys "+{F8}"
End Sub

To make a toolbar button see
Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm

Place the word "ADD" into a cell, provide a background color
Make the button square so you can see what it will look like
because it will be distorted to 16 x 16 bits.
Select the cell, copy (ctrl+c),
Tools, customize, Command (tab), macro (on left),
drag the macro button with the happy face to the toolbar
Right click on the new button,
Paste Button
Right click on the new button
Assign macro
edit button, paste, assign your macro.

Or you can skip the macros by setting a mouse button such
as the wheel button in Control Panel (mouse).
---
HTH,

"Andy" wrote in message ...
SHIFT and F8 keys she can place Excel into "Add" mode.

I'd like to put this on a toolbar button, but I can't find the command
in CustomizeCommands (I wish Excel had an "all commands" choice like
Word).

If there isn't a command I could drag to the toolbar, what would be
the VBA code to toggle "Add" mode?

TIA,

Andy