Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Customising Footers - not doing too well!

There are buttons that you can click to get those fields.

In xl2002+, there's a button that looks like a folder that shows:
&[Path]
when you click on it.

Before xl2002, you'll need some other solution.

Maybe John Walkenbach's addin:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/addpath.htm
to add the path in the header/footer

weeclaire wrote:

Hi All

Hoping someone will be able to help me with this query. I am trying to
create a customised footer on a number of excel workbooks. The problem
I have is that the final folder and the file name will change on a
monthly basis. Other than that the path remains the same. I do not
want to have to remember to change the folder and file in the footer on
a monthly basis and was hoping there was a way to create a footer and
allow for this change. I know that it is possible to do the file using

&[File] however when I tried the same theory for the folder and used
&[Folder] these words actually appeared on the footer.

Help! I'm sure there is a way to do this and it is driving me insane
trying to find it.

Thanks

Claire

--