Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beckster

Default Sumif function does not add up cells, even when criteria is bl

Sorry Bob I mean I used "" which should sum corresponding blank cells. To
use the actual numbers

=SUMIF(G11:G28,"",K11:K28)

where K11:k28 is a sum_range range of numbers works fine, but if if use a
different sum_range with the same range and criteria I get a zero result!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

What do you mean by ...even if I leave the criteria blank to sum all
cells... You cannot leave a SUMIF criteria blank, and if you meant you used
"", that will total all cells with nothing ion, which would sum to 0
anyway.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Beckster" wrote in message
I have a range of cells which retrurn a value if I use the Sum function.
They are all formatted as numbers. However if I use Sumif it always

returns
zero, even if I leave the criteria blank to sum all cells.