Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMay

Default creating an hourly matrix (scheduling)

Here's a small sample, give it a shot..

=SUMPRODUCT((--$C$14:$C$19<$F1)*(--$D$14:$D$19$F1))

The above formula is in Cell G1 and copy down to G13.
Foramt cells as General.

Below are the content of cells F1, F2, F3.... F13

9:30 AM
10:00 AM
10:30 AM
11:00 AM
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
12:30 PM
1:00 PM
1:30 PM
2:00 PM
2:30 PM
3:00 PM
3:30 PM

B C D
13 Time In Time Out
14 Paul 8:00 AM 3:50 PM
15 Mary 9:30 AM 2:30 PM
16 Peter 8:15 AM 4:30 PM
17 Tom 9:15 AM 3:15 PM
18 Alice 11:15 AM 2:15 PM
19 Jane 1:45 PM 5:00 PM

HTH

"clinton.holder" <clinton.holder.21jv0m_1137116402.0491@excelforu m-nospam.com
wrote in message
news:clinton.holder.21jv0m_1137116402.0491@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Could anyone walk me through the functions needed for creating a matrix
that would look at a schedule worksheet and tell me the number of
people that are working at a specified time? Say I have a full
schedule, I want it to do similar to a tally for every hour like how
many people working at 04:30, then how many people working at 05:00 and
so on? I think it would be something to do with the COUNTIF function but
I'm not sure syntax.

--
clinton.holder
clinton.holder's Profile: