Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
nima

Default (Visually Appealing) Scientific Notation on the Y-Axis

thanks for help, I discovered that all of five minutes ago :-) I guess
that will have to suffice for now.

As for the empty series, I looked at your example among others, for
guidance on dynamic charting and such, but I dont know if it can be
applied to dynamically import series (if that makes sense).
The template file I have made automatically sets up a bar (column)
graph and retrieves means and standard errors that are auto-calculated
from raw data. Unfortunately, experiment to experiment, the number of
means varies. Here's where the problem comes in. Each column in the
graph corresponds to a different average, so in the legend, I want it
to have all the different columns labeled accordingly. I managed this
by making a bar graph using that automatically retrieves the averages
(and names, and error bars) from another worksheet by making each
column its own series. The problem is that sometimes i dont utilize all
the series possible. So the legend still includes these labels. I know i
can delete them one by one, but I spit out a lot of graphs and I would
like to automate this if possible. Especially because I want this
template to be convenient for other workers. Much thanks!

--
nima
nima's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30408