Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Default How do I automatically fill a cell based on another cell in Excel

Yes,
I assume you already have a price for every part in the list somewhere. So
what you need is a VLOOKUP formula.

=VLOOKUP(A1,your range, 2,0)
A1 is the cell with the drop down list
your range - range where you have your part list in one column and the
corresponding price in another column.
2 is the price column, in this case it would be the second column in your
range.

HTH
JG

"SouthCarolina" wrote:

I am trying to fill an adjacent cell based on the input in another cell.
Here are the particulars. I have created a pull down list in one cell. The
list contains all of the parts that our mechanics order. Now when one of the
parts are chosen I would like for Excel to populate the next cell over with
the price of the part automatically. Can this be done?