Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dejan

Default Huge Files Dont Know Why

Hello Guys,

Thanks for all the help to all of you! It was the stupid ranges I started
using when I was creating the template, but they are useless, don't need them
at all, so all Is perfect right now, I had at least 250 ranges, so once I
delted them the file was only 15 KB much better.

Thanks so much!

Dejan

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager:

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp

Alan wrote:

This is a copy of the one to one correspondence,

Hi Dejan,
The problem is that you have (probably) hundreds, if not thousands of named
ranges, typically named PURO0036 which refer to one of your files I would
think:
'C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\EXCEL FILES\UAP\Edmonton\[A -
1 - TEMPLATE.xls]0194'!$A$9:$M$67
I suspect that the macro code you are using is creating them somehow.
I deleted loads of them then saved and the file size reduced, albeit by not
very much! It will take a bit of work to delete all of them. Go 'Insert'
'Names' 'Define' and you'll see them.
I'll copy this to the newsgroup, maybe someone knows a way to delete lots of
named ranges in one go,
Regards,
Alan.
"Dejan" wrote in message
There is no background or images. The file is not 8 meg, it's (873KB)
approx
1 meg. There is nothing in it that I can see, I just don't understand why
it's taking up so much room.

Dejan

P.s. Just sent a copy to Alan
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Any pictures in the worksheet?

How about a background (format|sheet|background)?

Dejan wrote:

Hello,

When I press Ctrl+End it brings me to G1, there is absolutely nothing
in the
file, no macros no data, that I can see, just one sheet, and it 873KB.

Thanks

"Bill Martin" wrote:

Just to be completely explicit, and have no communication failure,
when you
press Ctrl-end what cell does the cursor go to?

Bill
---------------------
Dejan wrote:
Hello Alan,

I did as you suggested, still no luck, the file only contains one
sheet, no
data of any kind, everything is blank even the formatting. Still
around 800
KB, it's crazy! But yet when I use winzip it compresses to 10KB,
something
weird happening, just driving me crazy cause I email these sheets
all the
time, and I have to compress them each time I send to save space.

If any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Dejan

"Alan" wrote:

One possibility, try Crl-End to see where the last used cell is, it
occurred
to me that if the whole sheet or a large part of it is non blank,
like full
of null strings, a huge file size would be the result,
Regards,
Alan.
"Dejan" wrote in message

Hello,

I would appreciate any input on this matter.

Not sure if anyone has experienced anything like this before. The
file
starts out being around 1meg just a few sheets with lots of VBA
code, when
the macro is done it deletes all the VBA code. There are no
formulas, I
tried
deleting all sheets in the workbook, just leaving one and even
deleting
all
data. Still I get huge file sizes. around 850KB, not sure what
is taking
up
the space.

Thank You!