BenjieLop

OhMarty Wrote:
Excel 2000

Why would this function work in one excel notebook and not another
almost
identical one. The reference cells are the same.

=(H46-1000/1000*K19+J19

In the first notebook it sums K19 and J19

In the second notebook it just calls the J19 entry.

I am terribly confused. It is messing up our new price list. Can
anyone
help? Thanks

You are missing at least one parenthesis depending on how you want the
formula to work. How do you want it to work anyway?

I can think of the following ways the above formula can be
reconstructed with each one giving out a different answer.

Formula 1: =(H46-1000)/1000*K19+J19

Formula 2: =((H46-1000)/1000)*K19+J19

Formula 3: =((H46-1000)/1000)*(K19+J19)

Maybe, if you can give the desired result from your formula, we can
figure out a way where the missing parenthesis/parentheses will be
placed.

--
BenjieLop

BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11019