Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ScottO

Default How do I select all values within a category in Excel?

I'm sorry, I struggling to interpret what you want.
Your OP said that you want to "list all values in a given category",
so I thought that you would have multiple rows with the same
category, and wanted to see a list of all of the associated values.
The Auto Filter would do that , but (if I'm reading right) you want a
formula that in a single cell shows a list of all of the values
associated with a particular category. Is that right, or am I more
confused than I think I am?
"dmz_asdf" wrote in message
| Thank you. However, I need a forumla that I can enter into a cell.
The
| formula would be in a cell following each category instance; I can
enter this
| manually.
|
| "ScottO" wrote:
|
| Have you tried using the Auto Filter feature?
| Select a cell in your data range, and click Data/Filter/Auto
Filter.