Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Coderre

Default clearing a cell and keeping the formula

Let's see if I stumbled onto what you're looking for.....

1)You have a formula in a cell
2)You type some value in that cell and press [Enter]
(obiliterating the formula and replacing it with your new entry)

3)You realize you made a mistake and you want your formula back

If that is your situation.....
EditUndo
That will reverse your input and restore the formula.

Also, each time you EditUndo....Excel will back up another step (up to 10
times)

(A short cut for EditUndo is to Hold down the [Ctrl] key and press Z )

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"genevieveg" wrote:

hi Im new to excel I seem to lose my formula's everytime I go back to
enter some data that I may enter wrong for example I have put the
formula in and go back and put a number in the cell and find it's the
wrong # so I backspace or hit delete and I lose my formula and clear
the cell what am I doing wrong??:)

--
genevieveg
genevieveg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30333