Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default sorting by date

Add another column and use a formula like:

=text(a2,"mmddyyyy")
and drag down
and then sort by that column.

debradebra wrote:

hi all...I'm a little new to this and was hoping someone could help me.
I'm doing a data entry job with a long list of birthdates. The client
wants the list sorted by birthdate, but not by year. For instance she
wants all January 1 birthdays to be sorted together by year and then to
sort January 2 birthdays and so on. So I want to be able to sort first
by month, then by day, then by year. So far I have only been able to
get the dates to sort first by year and then by month and day. As I've
already entered more than 700 birthdates, I really hope there is a way
to do this. Any one know?

--
debradebra
debradebra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30379