Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
brodiemac

Default Commission formula

So many answers so far. You are all great.

I used the answer that Roger Govier gave since it worked the best for me.
Thanks all!!!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

One way
=A1*7+(MAX(0,A1-5)*3+(MAX(0,(A1-10)*3

Your first formula expressed in the same way would be
=A1*2+MAX(0,A1-4)*3

The formula pays the base amount on all sales, then the incremental
value on the sales above each incremental step.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"brodiemac" wrote in message
I have a bit of a quandry with this one. I have a spreadsheet I need
calculate commissions with. First the salespeople enter in how many
sales
they get each day which then totals at the bottom. The way it works
for most
of these sales is if they get between 1-4 sales, they will get $2 for
each
sale. Above and beyond 4, they get $5 for each sale. I have the
forumla
setup like this:

=IF(B28<4,B28*2,6+(B28-3)*5) where B28 is the total number of units
sold.

The problem is I have one product where the commissions are on three
tiers:

1-5 units= $7
6-10 units= $10
11+ units= $13