Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernie Deitrick

Default Deleting Duplicates, All records unique

mirdonamy,

Use another column with a formula like this in row2:

=COUNTIF(B:B,B2)1

Where column B has your filenames. Then copy down to match your data table, then filter or sort
based on that column, and delete rows where the value of your formula is TRUE.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mirdonamy" wrote in message

My column headers a id, filename, location, and description.

All descriptions are unique.
My filename column has duplicates. For example, flower010104.jpg is
listed twice, with two different descriptions. I want to delete BOTH
rows containing flower010104.jpg.

So, I want to delete ROWS with duplicate filenames, regardless of the
description being unique (which makes the 'record' unique).

I have found that I can only filter by 'unique record', but ALL records
are unique, due to the description.

I need help. How can I do accomplish my task?

--
mirdonamy
mirdonamy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30348