Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kim Greenlaw

Default can lookup return err if no match found

Thanks, but I'm not sure where this column is supposed to go.
This is my formula: =LOOKUP(L104,'COMMISSION
PERCENTAGES'!$A$1:$A$26,'COMMISSION PERCENTAGES'!$B$1:$B$26)
It looks on the second sheet (named Commission percentages) to find the part
number I've entered and return the commission percentage for that part. I
need it to tell me if the part isn't listed, otherwise it uses the percentage
for the closest part number and I pay the wrong commission.
Hopefully I'm making sense.

"Phxlatinoboi®" wrote:

add a column to the left and use this code. Just change the cell info to
match the columns u are trying to match.

=if(a1=b2, "AAA", " ")

Phxlatinoboi®

"Kim Greenlaw" wrote:

If lookup doesn't find a match in the first column, can I get it to return an
"ERR" or "0", something that would let me know there was no match? Right now
it returns the value in the second column of the closest value.