Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

Default Vlookup return 0 when cell is blank

=if($e$12="","",if(vlookup(...)="","",vlookup()))

Paul wrote:

Hi,

Would anybody know why a Vlookup formula would return 0 (i.e. Zero) when the
contents of the cell that is referenced by the cell is blank.

E.g the formula is:

=IF($E$12 = "","",VLOOKUP(G22,[Data.xls]DECAP_ALL2!F:X,19,FALSE))

I know the formula is working fine as it reurns the correct result (either
blank or and alpha numeric from from referenced cell) but for some reason
some results are return 0 when I would expect blank

Any help appreciated

Paul

--

Dave Peterson