Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default "Search for files and folders" option doesnot work for 100%

I've had better luck looking for strings (not numbers).

Maybe it's time to try Google Desktop (or MSN desktop or ...).

ECouwenberg wrote:

Thanks Dave,

I am using the Windows search as well !
Seems this search system is not 100% reliable, I checked with my collegues,
they tested and they have the same problem.

Brgds Ed

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Are you using the Search under File|Open?

I've always had better luck with the Windows search (windows start
button|search).

ECouwenberg wrote:

Searching for a string in the "containing text" box I got "Search is compete.
There are no results to display" while I know I stored excel files which are
containing the text I am looking for. This problem doesnot apply for all
stored excel files ! Who can help me with this problem ? Kind regards, Ed

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson