Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
pinmaster

Default How do a I use a spread sheet to track grades?

Well for example you have a range of numbers in A1:A4

A1 - 84
A2 - 50
A3 - 62
A4 - 46

by using this formula in B1 =LOOKUP(A1,{0,50,56,61},{"D","C","B","A"}) and
copying down to B4, you would get grades of

B1 - A
B2 - C
B3 - B
B4 - D

numbers in the first brackets represents the starting number for a
corresponding grade in the second bracket.... hence from 0 to 49 you get a
grade of "D", from 50 to 55 you get "C", from 56 to 60 an "B" and from 61 on
up an "A".

Does that help?
JG

"mevetts" wrote:

Sorry, I'm being a bit dumb, please could you show me an example?

--
mevetts

mevetts's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29130
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=499985