Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Arvi Laanemets

Default How can I make a formula in Excel showing when the file modified?

Hi

Copy this UDF into your workbook's module

Public Function LastModified(Optional parTime As Date)
LastModified = ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(12)
End Function

Now, you can enter into any cell of workbook the formula
=LastModified()
or, when you want to get the formula volatile
=LastModified(TODAY())
or
LastModified(NOW())
Format the cell with formula in any valid date(time) format.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"TMark" wrote in message
I would like to have a formula in excel that checkes "date modified" of the
file and shows this in a cell, so a user opening a file can see when the
file
was last saved/modified. I saw this when using SAP Business Warehouse tool
but it was probably part of the program. Is there a possibility to to
something like this with a normal excel file?