Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Deleting Rows Automatically using a Text File List

Select that column that contains "FileName"
data|filter|autofilter
filter to just show those lines to be deleted
select those visible cells
edit|delete

The Data|Filter|autofilter to remove the filter.

mirdonamy wrote:

I have a text file list of .jpg files that I want to delete (rows) from
Excel. The list has 800+ items in it. Deleting these rows one at a
time in Excel (after doing a "find") is terribly time consuming. Does
anyone know how to make Excel read my text file and delete the rows
with that filename in it (automatically). The filename (listed in the
text file) is in a column (in my excel sheet) called "filename".

Any help would be most appreciated!!! Seriously! I may have to spend
hours on this otherwise!

Thank you,
Arielle

--