Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Default adding/subtracting time

It shouldn't make any difference, it is still just a time value underneath,
so just add them

=A1+B1

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a worksheet with times formatted as [$-409]h:mm AM/PM;@. I
don't understand the format and would like to be able to subtract times
to get total hours.

i.e. start time = 2:00 PM and end time= 10:00 PM Hours=8
start time = 10:00 PM and end time= 2:00 AM Hours=4

Since I don't understand the current time format (or why they didn't
just use an existing MS format), I don't know how to get my calculation
to work.

TIA