Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pam1288

Default Function to find only exact matches in spreadsheets?

Thanks, for you help. I'm still having a problem with this function. It
might be clearer if I define my problem more because I dont understand how to
structure the argument properly.

I have two spreadsheets that contain information on a series of item
numbers, however, both sheets do not contain all items. The item number is
in the first column of both spreadsheets. What I want the function to do is
search spreadsheet A, for the item number listed in the first column of
spreadsheet B, if it finds a match I want it to return the value of the 5th
column in Sheet A to a field in spreadsheet B.
"bpeltzer" wrote:

VLOOKUP accepts an optional fourth argument. Without it, you get a 'range
lookup.' If you supply FALSE as the fourth argument, vlookup looks for an
exact match: =vlookup(value, table, column#, FALSE).

"Pam1288" wrote:

Is there a function similar to VLOOKUP, that will only find exact matches
between spreadsheets?