Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Young

Default Create List + Protection

I have a worksheet that will require ~3,000 rows over a 6 month period of
data entry. Columns A thru F are for data to be entered, and columns G thru
W have complex formulas in them based on the data in columns A thru F. I
would like to keep file size small, and use worksheet protection to protect
the formulas. I recently discovered the new "Create List" feature that
places the blue "*" one row below the last - superb for auto-creating a row
below with all the formulas! This helps keep the file size manageable rather
than having to create in advance 3,000 rows with all the formulas. But, I
can't seem to protect the formulas in columns G thru W without losing the
functionality of the blue "*" that auto-creates the next row. Any way to use
the "Create List" functionality and have this protection?