Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Sarge

Default Error setting shape text property

Hi guys and girls(i'm told there are a few of you out there),

I have seen posted on MSDN that the Text property can not be set on a
shape via VBA using excel 2002.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...7293#appliesto

The work around sounds hillarious, using Word to create a shape object for
us and then doing a copy / paste via automation.

I have the same issue with excel 2003 is there any other way to provide a
text area on a chart that is movable and can change the text property?

For reference the line of code that errors is
ActiveSheet.Shapes(1).TextFrame.Characters.Text = "Hello"

Runtime Error '1004'
- Unable to set the Text property of the Characters class

Regards

Mark