Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dermot

Default Validation List Advise Please

I have a cell which has a validation List "Yes", "No" etc........
The selections produce different cell colours Yes = Yellow, No = Red
When the cell changes colour the appropriate text "Yes" or "No" is entered
in the cell.
I want to enter an option in the list "Blank" to remove the coloured
formatting.....the problem is the text "Blank" from the validation list is
entered into the cell......I don't want text in the cell.
How I enter "Blank" in the Validation list, and not have it appear as text
in the cell when selected?
Thanks