Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default How do I stop a date from automatically updating?

Hi

On my system XL2003, UK Date system, if I type Nov-05 in a cell, it
displays as Nov-05 but stores 01/11/2005.

If I format a cells as Custom mmm-yy and type 1/11 it displays Nov-06
and stores 01/11/2006 (quite rightly, as it assumes if I don't give a
year, I mean the current year)
If in the same formatted cell, I type 1/11/5 then it displays Nov-05 and
stores 01/11/2005.

So I guess it depends what you type, as well as what year you are in.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Canwoman88" wrote in message
When I type a registration date in a database, such as Nov-05, and
press
enter, the year automatically updates to 06. How can I stop the
update?