Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
waeltlmi

Default 3D column chart, stacked

Hi Jon,

I have already had a look at your website and I´ve found some useful
information like that excel can´t combine that chart types. your website is
really good.
but normally there should be a possibility to do that with VB.
VB could maybe use that Excel functions in another way/sequence or create a
charttype out of different chart functions....
Maybe someone knows more...

regards,
Michael

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Forget the 3D chart. Please.

Why not make a clustered-stacked column chart, which is really a stacked
column chart with carefully arranged data. This page links to a number of
examples of these charts:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"waeltlmi" wrote in message
Hello,

I created a 3D chart of the type 3D Column Chart from the standard tzpe
menu.
see following pictu

3D:

http://www.directupload.net/show/d/567/MyhouTEW.jpg

X Achsis: driven kilometre in 10000 blocks
Y Achsis: Production month
Z Achsis: number

I need to show another month in that chart, the repair month.
Each colored column should be a stacked column with more colors, so that
every color shows a repair month.
the chart should look like the following but 3 dimensional:

2D:

http://www.directupload.net/show/d/567/d88eP7Cx.jpg

That is a stacked column chart with 3 D effect from the standard types.
it is not really 3 dimensional, the timeline is missing. I think what I
need
acctually is a combination of both charts, but I cant find a solution.
Maybe it is possible with VBA or excel has another possibility to combine
charts.
Many thanks for help!

regards,
Michael