Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Eclectic Creations & Collectibles

Default How do I add grid lines to a LONG list with 3 columns?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. Got the numbering of the
rows down! -- but I was hoping to avoid having to manually add borders to
each row.... there's so much to learn. I appreciate your help. Ayn

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

You can number each row by adding a column and putting in =row() in that
column of data.

Select the affected cells and add borders to them.

"Eclectic Creations & Collectibles" <Eclectic Creations &
wrote in message
I am trying to switch from my old PC that used works to this new
Hewlett-Packard that uses Excel. When I downloaded my file of this use
list
of library books (Column 1 = Author's last name, Column 2 = authors 1st
name,
Column 3 = Book title), it didn't include the grid lines to separate the
columns and the rows (of which there are over 1,000). How do I get it to
do
so?....and, how do I get it to keep each row numbered?
I've really tried to find the answer to such a simple question, but it's
not
happening. Your help would be appreciated.