Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Default combination stacked column and line data

Most people don't realize this. They see the few examples offered by Excel,
and assume that's all there is. Microsoft doesn't always clearly explain how
to use their products to their fullest.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Cowtoon" wrote in message
Thanks John.
I didn't realize it would work that way. I'll give it a go.
Thanks so much for your help.
DIana

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the
"built
in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy
roll your own type.

Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you
have
to change fewer series). Select a series that you need to switch, and use
Chart Type from the Chart menu to change it to the type you want. Repeat
for
the next series you need to change.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Cowtoon" wrote in message
Help.
I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are
stacked
(columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an
option
in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more
than
that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003).
Please and thanks.