Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Default Why create a template?

There's no magic bullet. You have to make the changes in both workbooks.

You may be able to create a macro that you could use to make the changes to the
older workbooks.

Brett Romero wrote:

Let's say I'm working with two spreadsheets. One of them I keep updating
and improving. How do I implement these changes into the older spreadsheet?
If basically the same format except now I have cells turning different
colors based on conditionals, I'm checking for division by zero, I've
formatted cell length and width and changes text colors.

Thanks,
Brett

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
For me, as long as I know that the original .xls workbook won't be
overwritten
(marked as ReadOnly in windows explorer???), I don't see any significant
difference between a .xlt template workbook and a .xls workbook.

Brett Romero wrote:

What is the difference in creating a spreadsheet vs. a template for
something, then later using that same spread sheet with different numbers
and saving it under a different name? How is a template more beneficial
here?

Thanks,
Brett

--