Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lady Layla

Default Excel is behaving strangely for no apparent reason.

This may sound simple, but have you cleaned your Temp Internet files (including
offline) and cleaned out all of your TEMP directories? This can cause Excel to
bog at times.

"canyondude" wrote in message
: My Excel has recently begun to bog down and even freeze up after performing
: simple functions such as calculating formulae or drag-filling. Speaking of
: drag-filling, sometimes it will fill the same text in all cells that I am
: dragging through instead of filling a formula progressively throughout. Any
: ideas why this might be happening? I recently loaded similar workbooks
: written in different versions of Excel onto a USB drive and downloaded them
: onto my computer to work on them. Might this be the cause and, if so, is
: there a cure. Thanks in advance for your help.