Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Default Tax rates

Hi

You need to apply Ron's formula, not to the total of £1000, but to the
subtotal of the lines at the Standard rate and then to the subtotal of
the lines at the Low rate, then add the tow values together.

Alternatively, use my SUMIF formulae.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"PJOS11" wrote in message
Hi you all seem like experts!
If I am invoicing say £1000. Seven hundred of this maybe charged at
17.5%
and the remaining £300 would be charged at 5%. I can enter two tax
rates at
the bottom but this adds the 17.5% and the 5% on £1000 giving a total
of
£1167.50 instead of £1137.50.
£700+17.5%=£822.50
£300+5%= £315.00
Total £1137.50

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Experiment with something like this:

1) Create a rate table in a new worksheet (I'll assume Sheet2)

Col_A Col_B
Row_1 RateID Rate
Row_2 Rate1 17.5%
Row_3 Rate2 5.0%

Select A2:B3 range and name it:
InsertNameDefine
Names in workbook: LU_Rates
Refers to: (already selected)

Now, go to your invoice sheet.
I'll assume your total sales amount is in cell H9 and your rate
amount goes
in cell H10.

Select F10
DataValidation
Allow: List
Source: =OFFSET(LU_Rates,0,0,,1)

G10: =IF(ISBLANK(G10),0,VLOOKUP(G10,LU_Rates,2,0))

H10: =H9*G10

Is that something you can work with?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"PJOS11" wrote:

HI I have just began to use Excel for invoices. I have set my Tax
rate at
17.5%. but we use two tax rates here, the other is 5%.
How can I do this on one invoice.
Eg: 150+17.5%
150+5%