Confused

Default Pulling hair out with VLOOKUP

I used VLOOKUP in a spreadsheet some time ago, where I had the column set to
assign a rating based on results. When I used it previously, it returned
results based on the number in the column being the HIGH end of the range for
each rating.

Example
10 - Rating 1
25 - Rating 2
50 - Rating 3 and so on.

So, anything that fell between 26- 50 would be in Rating 3.

This time it is using the number in each rating as the START of the range.

I used a QUARTILES function to come up with quartiles for a group of
numbers, and it appears to pick the high end number for each quartile. I
tried using the VLOOKUP to assign the correct Quartile to the lookup_value,
but it is not working out as it should.

Does anyone have ideas for what I am doing wrong, or for a better way to
assign quartiles to a group of numbers?

Thanks!