Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sandy Mann

Default replace value in excel?

I am not sure that I understand exactly what it is that you are asking.
Does:

=IF(A1=A2,B1,B2) wntered in column C do what you want?
--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Is there a replace function that can be used within IF function on
excel worksheet?
In one column A, I have two same number underneath each other...like

1755 - A1
1755 - A2

On the other column B, I have two different values...like

17500 - b1
25000 - b2

Now, what I want to do is insert a column C, and want to compare &
replace: =if(a1=a2, replace b2 to b1....means I want b1 to replace by
value of b2.

Can someone help me with that?

Thank you in advance for your help.