Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BlueRunner

Default Text using Alt+Enter does not show up (row height not a proble

More info. I checked the formatting of the cells that show-up vs. don't
show-up and for somereason Excel has checked the wrap-text text formatting on
certain cells. Those cells with wrap-text format (alt+enter) checked do not
appear as text, just a blank cell. Any new data entered with the alt+enter
format also show-up as blank. Not sure what to do...

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Widen the column
Increase the row height
change the format to General
change the format to not white on white
check format|conditional formatting.

Do you see the text in the formula bar?

You're gonna have to provide some details sometime.

BlueRunner wrote:

Thanks, But this is not the problems guys. This is a new installation of
Excel on a new machine. I've been using Alt+Enter for years and for some
reason, the text does not show up, even if it's only a few characters
followed by Alt+Enter, then a few more characters. Please help.

"pinmaster" wrote:

Thanks Dave, I did not know that. And you're right, it is difficult to
guess sometimes, I just wish more people would follow up on their post
and then leave feedback for others to benefit.

Regards
JG

--
pinmaster