Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dave99

Default searching and collating values in multiple sheets

Ok firstly in your responses (assuming there are any!) please consider
me a retard at least that way I'll be more familiar with the terminlogy
and formulae used. This is going to be a pain to explain as I cant use
tables on this forum it seems so forgive the formatting :P

Also bear in mind im operating off a very locked system and I have no
net access there and a very cut down version of excel so I dont have
access to plugins or some of the more advanced functions only available
on custom installs.

In excel how can I count a specific set of values and have it return
them:

so there would be a user entry box, enter a name and it looks up all
the data associated with that name (which would be amount of accounts
opened in this case and accounts w/c opened both of which are simple
numbers which would add up across a few worksheets representing days of
the week.)

The spreadsheet setup is currently this

Worksheets:

Sunday, monday, etc etc, saturday

on each worksheet is this topline below which a few 100 odd spaces
ready for the data that I input.

Accounts

WW LIN CW HOM F&B ACC MEN COS CS NAME

Accs w/c

WW LIN CW HOM F&B ACC MEN COS CS

All of this is in the same line on the sheet and the only useful
information under each is a simple "1" this is the only value that
appears in these columns apart from obviously the name of the person.
There is always a "1" in one of the columns if a name is also entered,
these are entered by me from the data im working off, it nice and
simply means NAME has opened 1 account the next box along is acc w/c
and doesnt always have a value in, but if it does then that value will
always match the same header in "accounts" and will also be a "1"

So what I'd want is nice and simply say I want to look up name "blah"
then it will list

account acc w/c
blah 2 1

for example and it would list that if it found 2 accounts opened as
well as 1 acc w/c for that name.

More ideally I'd like a permanant output based of all the worksheets
which lists EVERYONE found and exactly how many accounts and acc w/c
are attributed to them.

sorry thats all a bit of longwinded way of explaining, this is all
probably laughably easy to do but I would be very grateful if someone
could help as this would save me soooooo much time.

thanks!

--
dave99
dave99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30221