Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Monica Hall

Default PivotTable Group by Week and Month

I'm starting to think I have a bug in my software because my grouping does
revert to 1 day even when I enter 7 then select the Month. I've tried
grouping by days only first and it groups just fine. I then go back to the
grouping and select month the day box shows 7 but when I hit okay the table
changes to Month and 1 day group. Frustating!

Monica

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Monica

Also on XL2003.
It does still group by 7 day periods, even when you add Months (and
Quarters), but I agree that the selection box for number of days which
becomes greyed out, does revert back to 1, even though my report still
does do the grouping in weekly intervals.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Monica Hall" wrote in message
I have created a Pivot Table the is groups my date by Days = 7. I
then
wanted to add a Month grouping that would keep the days in the correct
month
even if the week is split. I have done this in the past with no
problem but
after upgrading to Office 2003 the pivot table is reverting the Day
grouping
to 1. Any ideas how to correct this?