Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jbf frylock

Default create a clear button

Thanks, but when I right click it doesn't give me the option to assign macros.

"Elkar" wrote:

Rather than writing your own code, I'd suggest using the Macro Recorder for
this.

1. Select TOOLS
2. Select MACROS
3. Select RECORD NEW MACRO...
4. Give the Macro a name (or just use the default)
5. Select your cells (hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple non-adjacent
cells)
6. Hit DELETE on your keyboard
7. Select a cell where you want the focus to be after cells are cleared.
(perhaps A3?)
8. Stop recording the macro
9. If you've already placed the button on your sheet, then right-click it
and select "Assign Macro"
10. If not, place the button and assign the Macro.

Post back if you need more assistance.

HTH,
Elkar

"jbf frylock" wrote:

I've read some of the other on here and can't get it to work.

I have cells A3:A7,A10,D3:D7,G3:G7

I want the values in these cells to be deleted when I click a Clear All
button.

So, do I create the button, go to view code and enter it there. I
specifically need help with the code.

Any help would be great...thanks,

Jeff