Pierre Leclerc

KL

I love it...the SUMPRODUCT thing

Here is my approach (I will use a tool example like like JE). I am an
empowerer, I love to help people solve their problem. Learning one
function is easier than learning two or more functions. It is like
these multi-heads screwdrivers, most ordinary people use them rather
than sets of screwdrivers.

When I was much younger, I was a mechanic and I had very sophisticated
tools but my clients had less and I knew that they could do it anyway.
So I developed ways of doing things with ordinary tools rather than
expensive tools. And it worked.

I am not in the business of Excel to make people feel powerless, I am
in the Excel business to help people handle their own problems. My
goal is not to show that I am intelligent but to be useful. And it
works. I have help hundreds of people develop skills to handle their
own problems.

A lot of computer people had to make things happen with less usage of
memory and it ended up with the 2000 bug. We are not limited anymore
and I have never yet seen users having to handle 65,000 records of 256
fields. So efficient tools.....

Thanks again for both tips.

Regards

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 22:40:35 +0100, "KL" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:E500="Pierre")

Pierre Leclerc
www.excel-vba.com
1-800-501-6760