Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpeltzer

Default How do I use an "IF" formula using dates in excell?

Just an Excel geek sharing some and learning some via the communities...

"Mike" wrote:

Thank You so much I have been trying to figure out that formula on and off
for weeks. Do You work for Microsoft or do you just provide free advice
to people?

"bpeltzer" wrote:

Assuming these cells are really dates and by 'ends in' you mean 'is in the
year', then you would do something like
=if(year(a1)=2005,true_value,false_value). If they're really strings that
end in 2005, then =if(right(a1,4)="2005",true_value,false_value)

"Mike" wrote:

How do I use an "IF" function involving dates. For Example: (IF (a date in
one cell ends in 2005 THEN "x"),IF( a date in one cell ends in 2006 THEN