Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jbf frylock

Default Range of numbers in a formula...PLEASE HELP!!!

Little confused on the formula. I understand the algebra, but don't quite
know how to put it in a formula...this is an example of what I'm dealing
with. The difference on all of these is 353 except for the jump from 1390 to
1744. That one is 354.
Category 1 Category 2
Household Inc.
1 1037
2 1390
3 1744
4 2097
5 2450
6 2803
7 3156
8 3509

Every additional household after this is increased by 354. I don't know how
to approach it when the relationship doesn't involve the same amount.

this is what I have right now.
=IF(L4<=683+(353*A10)+A10,"Free",IF(L4<=973+(503*A 10)+A10,"Reduced","Paid"))

L4 = income
A10 = household size

Thanks for any help you can provide and have provided.

"Pete" wrote:

Yes, I'm still here. Again, the difference between these numbers has a
simple relationship - it is:

353 x N + N,

where N is the number in the household. I would suggest, therefore,
that your sequence continues 2098, 2452, 2806 etc, and the overall
relationship is:

= 682 + (353 * N) + N

Actually, this is one less than your value for N=1, but the other
values are the same.

Pete